Saturday, January 7, 2012

I cooked! Well sort of.

So I've really been into trying to cook. I don't do it much because frankly, I don't like it. But thanks to Pillsbury.com I've gotten some awesome, super easy recipes to try. And I'm even adding my own twist to them.

So yesterday, I found this recipe. Good and simple. So I tweaked it a bit.

Rather than using Progresso soup, I used my favorite; Dinty Moore Beef Stew.

And instead of making a bread bowl, I made a sort of pot pie. Added 1 1/2 biscuits to the bottom of the bowl, then ladled the stew in. Added a biscuit on top.

Baked first for 14 minutes, and realized the biscuits weren't done. Added another 7 minutes to the timer and...

Mmmmm. It was so good and steamy. Great for a cold night. I had to dog sit for a great dane last night. So, I brought it with me and it was still hot and warm. The underside of the biscuit on top was a bit gooey, so I'd recommend a few minutes more if you want it more cooked. 

Hopefully, more tweaked recipes to follow. I'm kinda liking this modifying a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment